Thursday, June 19, 2014

Summer Slow Down

It's been quite a year. Busy but energizing. I am much less of a blogger than I used to be. I notice that throughout the web. I think there are so many other ways to share (facebook, pinterest, twitter, etc.) that many bloggers have slowed down on posting. 

I am thankful for these slow summer days. I have so many things that I hope to accomplish this summer that I have to remind myself there is no rush. I have time. Time to breathe, to sit and to relax. 

So here I am in the middle of June already. School ended at the end of May and I immediately spent the next 6 days in an intensive training to complete my Catechesis of the Good Shepherd certification. Of course finishing the training is only the beginning! Now I have to continue making the materials we will need for the upcoming atrium year!

In addition I have lots of planning and material making for my Montessori classroom. I'm planning to study zoology and the full 7 continents this year. I do so love to lesson plan and make materials that the time goes quickly.

I'm also taking time for me this summer. The garden is growing nicely (we've harvested lettuce, green onions, spinach, broccoli and snap peas) and my hubby is busy weeding and mulching the flower beds. 

The boys are both working a lot this summer and since neither has their drivers license, I am doing a LOT of chauffeuring. Fortunately the drive to work (they both work at the same place) is pretty quick and easy. It does make me glad we have flexible schedules. I am thankful they have so much work in this economy, too.

I've been taking guitar lessons and have a stack of books by my bedside that I am plowing through. As with everything, I am trying to slow down. I am enjoying the silence of the house (especially when the boys are working). It is a time to recharge my batteries for the next school year!

Check back for more posts (I hope!) this summer. I certainly hope everyone has the time to just sit back and enjoy their time this summer, be it alone, with family or with friends.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...