Saturday, January 17, 2015

First Goal


Today is the baby shower for my co-worker. As you can see from the above photo, I was able to finish the quilt in time. I actually had it finished last weekend but only photographed it this morning. January is half over and I've completed half of my January goal. I have one more quilt to complete before February. I have most of the fabric already purchased for the next quilt. In fact, I'm using curtains I found at a thrift store for the main section of the quilt. I will keep this next one simple as well so I can get it completed in time. I hope to cut the fabric today when I get home from the shower. 

My goal for this week is to work a little bit every day on something creative. I find that I have a hard time motivating myself after I come home from school and get supper on the table. It is so cold and dark that I just want to crawl into bed! I work so much better in the morning. The good news is that the days are getting longer now. We also got our heat fixed so it no longer feels like a refrigerator in my sewing room. That should help. I have the day off school on Monday so I'm hoping to get a lot accomplished this weekend.

Happy Saturday, everyone.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...