Friday, January 2, 2015

Studio 360 Creative New Year's Resolution(s)

I really enjoy listening to the radio program Studio 360. I guess I discovered it when our local public radio station went from being primarily a Classical music station to a news oriented station. I listen to the Studio 360 podcasts on my iPod when I'm at the gym and also in the middle of the night when I have trouble sleeping.

Studio 360 has highlighted some of their listeners' creative New Year's Resolutions over the last two years and I've really enjoyed hearing the types of creative endeavors people have been working on. It has always made me think about making my own creative resolution but I could never really think of one thing I'd like to focus on. 

I was sifting through all the creative things I'd like to be better at: quilting, sewing, photography, cooking, baking, singing, playing guitar and piano, drawing, painting, printmaking, etc., etc. It then hit me that it might work better for me to pick one thing to work on each month. I'm sort of AD/HD in that way!

So here is my 2015 Creative Resolution: To focus on one creative endeavor each month of 2015 and to blog about my progress here. 

For the month of January I am focusing on quilting as there are two quilts I need to finish this month (I need to start them, too!). Since my hope is to learn something more about each endeavor, I'm going to focus on learning to properly finish the binding on these two quilts.

In other months I'm planning to learn to embroider, to better learn the music of the Carter Family and maybe even do a little recording with my very talented hubby. I'm also thinking I may spend a month learning more about my computer and how to be more savvy with my blog (html and graphic design). Who knows? I'm thinking about fabric printing and designing my own clothes, making cards from my photography and doing some baking and cooking projects with my sons. I guess we'll all have to stay tuned to find out the focus for each month of 2015.

If you'd like to join me in this year of creative resolutions, let me know! I'd love to follow your progress as well. Feel free to comment with your creative resolution. We can all inspire each other.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...